On This Date…January 11, 1973
Major League Baseball owners vote in approval of the American League adopting the designated hitter position.
On April 6,1973, Ron Blomberg became the sport’s first designated hitter. He walked with the bases loaded against Luis Tiant at Fenway Park.
- alltimebestfriend likes this
- yung-rich-nigga likes this
- blondiesplace likes this
- irishredsin likes this
- soulproprietorship likes this
- purplebullfinch likes this
- mysecretstrength likes this
- emergentpattern likes this
- thatfriendlyblackguy said: Biggest mistake ever. I am not a fan of the designated hitter.
- iknowitsheresomewhere likes this
- wentdog likes this
- hadesonthedancefloor posted this